Pages

Tips To Strengthen Your Online Ad Campaigns

|



Here I have some tips to strengthen your online ad campaigns without streching too much of your budget. I am sure you have heard about some of the amazing ROI which can be made through PPC advertising on Google, Yahoo and even Bing! I have heard return of up to 300% or even higher with this form of advertising. But there are other ways we can use to trim the fat from our search advertising campaigns.

1. PPC is not for everybody
When PPC works, it really works. But you can lose your entire ad spend if you don't monitor your PPC campaigns properly. As with everything else in business it's always best to be realistic about your chances of success in all your marketing campaigns.

2. Use Web Analytics
It is very important to know how effective each of your keywords and advertisements are really driving traffic to your website. Non-performing keywords should be cut and removed, conversely pay more for your best placements.

3. Website Optimisation
If you do not have a tracking on your website and haven't been optimising your website's ability to convert visitors into buyers, your ads ranking will appear infrequent, buried within search result pages Most importantly you will only be capturing the actual buyers but missed all the potential buyers.

By understanding website optimisation and conversion optimisation, you can easily double the return of all your ad spend. You probably won't be able to compete for the best possible placement for your ads. As a result, your ads will appear infrequently, buried deep within the search results pages.

4. Don't Use Budget Caps
In one of my previous consultancy role, I was given a very strict budget on Google AdWords. I was given a $50 budget clicks per day. On the surface, it was an excellent way to ensure that we did not overspend on the campaign..but I learned to realise that it was a bad idea.

What I was doing was forcing Google AsWords to decide on my behalf about where my ads will appear. For some weird reason, they ended up "optimising" my campaigns so that all my ads appeared in places where it no one seemed to look. The result? I got to stay within my budget but my campaign performed poorly.

So my advice is not to use it. A much better practice is to set your bids conservatively and of course by monitoring your spend.

5. Let Your Competitor Take The Top Spot
Bigger companies and brands tend to be more aggressive about bidding for certain terms. As a result, they bid aggressiely to ensure their ads appear near the top of the search results. I have read somewhere that advertisers appearing at the top of the side search results pay an additional 50% per click, which results in far higher campaign spends for what amounts to a small amount of increamental traffic.

So my advice is to let your competitors to have their spot. By bidding a little lower and spending a lot lesser you will probably drive nearly the same amount of traffic.

That's the 5 tips I have learned and discovered and hope that you find them helpful. Do share with me what other tips you use to further strengthen your site's presence on the internet.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Eureka | Template Blue by TNB